Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB R9 SP2 - using 2 feature codes in a system speed call

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSI17

Vendor
Mar 6, 2018
CA
Hi,
Does anyone know of a way to use 2 system speed calls back to back? I have tried adding them both into the same speed call number but it only seems to execute the first one and thats it.
I'm trying to use MiCollab Nupoint Call Flow mailbox, alternate transfer, to try and do this but it's not working either.
Is there an easier way to accomplish this? What I'm trying to do is set a CFALL on a hunt group then dial a code to turn on an LED on a phone.
If I dial the codes on the phone it all works ok because dialtone is returned after the first feature code completes, so i can just keep dialing the second code and all is well. Just trying to automate this via a button on the phone or through Nupoint by calling in to a mailbox.

Have you tried to put a pause (multiple) between the feature access codes:

Programming

1. System Options form

- Program the Speed Call Pause Duration.

2. System Speed Calls form

- Add a P in the Actual Number field where you want a pause to occur.

You can use a Modem to dial multiple commands in sequence

In my specific case, the modem wouldn't work as the user sitting at a phone would need to be doing this via a button on a 69xx phone.
I will keep that in mind regarding the modem though, makes sense that it would be able to do that.

I've quite confident you will need 1 key per command. as in 99%+

Or you need an ONS phone with a speedcall that will ignore the Dial Tone return on the first command.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this? What I'm trying to do is set a CFALL on a hunt group then dial a code to turn on an LED on a phone.
I suppose it might be nive to know why you are doing this and perhaps what it is that you are trying to accomplish. If it is to indicate somehow that the hunt group is forwarded, then perhaps sending the number to a trusted extension that has the hunt group as first alternative then forwarding or unforwarding this extension and have a blf appearance. I think it will light when forwarded and be out when doing default behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back