Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB R9.3 - SIP Trunk call routing based on Night service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSI17

Vendor
Mar 6, 2018
CA
Hi,
This is a relatively simple concept, that for the life of me, I cannot get to work.
I have a SIP Trunk DID targeted to a Trusted DN1996 for routing purposes. I'm using this for different routing via the Night Service button for a few tenants on the same system.

Day/Night1 - Calls:
This Trusted DN is Rerouted Always to VM pilot (Nupoint) which goes to a MB1953 (with 1996 as alternate DN) and plays a 'thank you for calling please hold' message, then transfers to ring group. This ring group if not answered goes into a separate MB1903 to play the company day message.

Night2 - Calls:
This Trusted DN is Rerouted Always to a 'Voice' Hunt Group680 that is also Rerouting Always to VM pilot.
Problem being in Night 2, the call forwards to voicemail and it 'should' play the main company night message, but its going into the mailbox that 1996 is linked to (MB1953) - so essentially is playing the 'thank you for calling please hold' message. I'm wanting it to just go into VM and go into the MB680-to play the main company night message. I've changed the Hunt Group680 into a Nametag hunt group, and it does go to this proper mailbox and plays the correct greeting, but problem is, if a caller dials an extension out of voicemail (user extension 200 for example), if the user doesn't answer, the call will then go back to MB680 and play the main company greeting and NOT the user's greeting.

Something so simple yet can't get this to operate properly. In Night 2, I've setup an ACD Path that forwards to VM, but its still not going to the correct mailbox.

Any ideas on what else I can try?
Thanks as always!

The ACD Path needs to interflow. i.e. The call needs to be answered by the path and then routed from within the path.

Here is a FAQ on the method - faq1329-6743

Ah thanks! I didnt setup the ACD path exactly like that. I will give it a try tomorrow.
Appreciate the response!

Just reporting back that @kwbMitel , that was indeed the fix. I originally set it up as an overflow, but followed your FAQ and worked great when using the ACD and interflowing.
Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back