Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB MXe to EX Controller License Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

MukeshPradhan

Systems Engineer
Nov 1, 2022
IN
If we want to migrate Mitel 3300 MXe controller with EX controller, do we need to purchase licenses specifically for EX controller or we can use the exiting MiVB licenses with the current ARID?

There is no extra licenses needed to move from MXe to EX. The only potential issue there might be is if your using Embedded analog that can differ.

on the AMC site, clear the hardware ID. Select the option to replace the controller.
Now synchronize the EX controller to the ARID. It will pull the licenses assigned to the app record. I have done this in the past LX to MXe, MX to CX, etc.
When changing controller types, I will clean their database on a surrogate controller of the same type they started on.

As for restoring the database - use the migration tool to convert it - I have never done this, so I don't know the exact process.

Even though MiVB on an EX controller is technically virtual I don't believe you need a virtualisation license.

As DoubleUT mentioned any TDM stuff will need to be reprogrammed. If restoring from a backup you will need to remove non IP programming, i.e. trunks/extensions/MOH/paging etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back