Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB Console 'Operator Absent' routing options

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclements1

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
NL
Hi Guys,

does anyone of you have a solution fot the following problem:

MiVB Console answers all calls.. when not answering a incomming call the caller is presented with a RAD message from the 1st alternative.

my problem.
MiVB Console wants to use the "operator absent" function - when absent the callers should be presented on another extension.
When "operator Absent" calls are routed via the 1st alternative ..
So I put this extension in the 1st alternative.. great .. But when opereator is present .. callers must hear the busy RAD after 15 seconds.. this is gone..

CallCoverage would be great .. but this doensn't seem to work on MiVB Consoles !

please advice !

you cant overcome it using 1st alternate

at the moment there are 2 configs

LDN with delay announcement and no Overflow

LDN with no delay announcment and overflow to a ring group (or other destination)
- on the ring group add the call coverage initial delay quickly
so for example the call rings for 30 seconds and then gets the ring group announcemnt and then MOH whilst waiting to deliver to the ring group

Only other option is put tenant into its own tenant not controlling main tenant
set night 1 on that tenant to send calls to overflow destination
- that way the console can use the abesnt to send calls to the alternate destination

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi Billz66,

thank you for you're quick reply !

this customer has 2 locations with 3 MiVB-Consoles in total.. tenanting is no option here..

I don't really understand the first solution.

LDN (local Directory Number ?)
can you help me a bit more.

the first alternative 1 is huntgroep with a Call Coverage
the first member in the huntgroep is the backupnumber for the console when she's absent.
The Announcement "all .. are busy" must be played after 15 seconds of ringing the Console.

first alternative 1 is the huntgroep .. anouncement is played... "all .. are busy " but the backup user is called also ..

is this what you suggest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back