Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB 9, when???

Status
Not open for further replies.
eDocs for MiVB 9.0 released on Mitel Connect. Still no software.

Last I heard was supposed to be out last Wednesday but last min issue pushed it back to 1st Oct,

If its not broke tweak it..

A few notes that I'm aware of for the EX.
EX will have no blocking, that is it is IP straight onto the ISDN, FXS, FXO cards. No more E2T resources contstraints
8 ports for modules but require a seperate DSP if you have FXS, FXO unless there is also a PRI card installed.

It is meant to be a generic hardware platfrom that will also run the MX-One software and I think the 400 at some point.
Small footprint
Runs on KVM
VM same as virtual limits, that is 150 mailboxes (I think) and 16 ports (need to check that too)
2 type of EX: with or without dual PSU
EX not replacing MXeIII and CX(i)II, rather an addition. Will run 1500 users so it is more than a gateway but yes it can just be a gateway.

My understanding is that VXWorks is gone. The software will run native on Linux.

It is meant to be a generic hardware platform that will also run the MX-One software and I think the 400 at some point."

Ahh wonder is Mivo 250 will migrate to this ?

If its not broke tweak it..

software now available for download

some release note link issues

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back