Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB 9, when???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its end of august or september

Not supported on CX mx mxeII

need to have 1GM RAM on CXII and MxeIII

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and they are releasing a new controller the "EX"

Looks like you can finally replace modules without having to open up the chassis.

They have refreshed the OS, it now runs on linux instead of VXWorks, programmed in C, C++

Oh and it will also have the following:

CLID Based Routing-Inbound Routing based on Caller ID (now we'll have the capability to block robocalls based no CLID)
Last member Recall for embedded ring Groups which will be a slick feature for call centers
Expanded Browser Support for IE, Firefox, Chrome and Edge!

I'm interested to see how the new Patch loads work and how long they take.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Jabbo99 where did you get your info from?
Last week Mitel told me still on slate for end of August.

Finally! Bring on ANI routing!

current release in trial was released last week and is due to be GA candidate so not far off but a few weeks yet

Online Update training has just been released

MiVoice Business Core_tech update_R9.0 iss 1

Just been advised it Sounds like Tuesday it will be available

Keep in mind that this load is a complete re-write in Linux and is likely to have more bugs than usual.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I haven't seen any serious issues on our vMCD. Not to keen on the EX

I know what everyone is talking about when it comes to Linux and VXworks going away. I can understand why people think that.

VXworks is *not* going away...

Ex modules are NOT hot swap :-(

What advantages do you see with the EX controller? The MXe can do the same thing and also offers the chance to connect BRI trunks.

One question I have is, the EX comes with two hard drives?

Is it going to be considerably cheper that the MXe??

Although the modules are not hot swap at least it looks like you can change modules without taking the cover off and removing the system from the rack.

It also seems the EX will be cross platform. It will support both MiVoice MX-One and MiVoice 5000 legacy Aastra products.

Looks to also use KVM for it's virtualization platform.

I can't get into specifics - however don't think of the EX ICP as a "controller." Think of it as a "gateway."

Most Mitel partners will continue to sell the MXe III and CX/i II and virtual controllers where they are selling them now. To me, I see the EX ICP only making sense for customers who are virtualized and need a basic FXO, FXS and PRI trunking gateway... Just my opinion.

Training has been released but no eDocs or software as of now.

The EX runs the MiVoice as a virtual within itself. Everything on the EX side is SIP based. Things like ONS voicemail or trunk side PRI recording might need looking into prior to a move to this platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back