Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB 3300 Outbound calls hang up when placed on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbiddlecombe

Vendor
Sep 3, 2009
CA
Hotel property R6.0 SP3

Incoming calls can be answered and placed on hold fine. Outbound calls however, when placed on hold, immediately disconnect. Also tried creating a hold button on the 5330e phoneset, and same issue.

I have checked the CoS for the trunks (PRI) and the Admin phones. Hold settings look right. Any idea what would cause one call to hang up when placed on hold, but not another?

COS_gpfuul.jpg

Stream Technologies
StreamUtah.com

What type of trunk, SIP or ISDN?

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

I had the same issue once and was seen that the issue was triggered by the carrier as they have not enabled the "hold option" on the trunk level.
That was for a SIP trunk thou.

I am not at all familiar with T1 trunks, being from the other side of the world where we use E1 instead.
I would first try disabling all MoH options on the COS of the trunk (TSA) and work my way from there.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Update

This was solved after much search in the COS and Trunk settings. It was apparently set up as a T1 not a PRI.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back