Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB 10 - Who's jumped in already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
I've been working on Mitel systems since 1997 and specifically on the 3300 platform since 2002. I've seen every release since 3300 ICP version 3.3 up to MiVB 9.4.

I have had the misfortune of being the first on many versions of software due to a customer's (and sales) request for a specific feature available in said version.
This goes along with all other Mitel software - MiVB, MBG, MiCC, 200ICP, 200EL, SX2000, etc.
Sometimes this having been first to install has bitten me and caused time spent with product support and design to come up with an immediate patch.

MiVB 10 was released and made available on 20 February 2023. I have taken the I&M update courses and it looks like there's some really good things available with it. But since I've been burned too many times in the past, I figured I'd let someone else take the lead on determining the quality of the version before I deploy it to any of our customers.
Also, I haven't seen any updates posted to it. I recall when each release of 9.x came out, they came out with a patch of some sort within a month after release... or in some cases a whole new release.

That said, who's taken the leap and installed it? Are you having any issues? If issues, have you had to contact product support?

I have installed MiVB 10 on at least 20-30 PBX without any issue.

patch release is due out soon

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Only got one customer on it but no issues with it so far.. KPIs on Mitel KB is massive as usual

If its not broke tweak it..

service pack has now been released 10.0.1.18

inclused large number of fixes

Key Summary
MIVB-35620 DOC: SMBC missing from General Information Guide
MIVB-35545 MiVB Console - Focus not returned to console when transferring using scratch pad
MIVB-35413 vMiVB ESM System info page shows different ram when vMiVB is upgraded via blades panel
MIVB-35410 SMBC when LS trunk calls are routed to ACD paths we cannot dial out of queue
MIVB-35405 Resiliency issue where Single Line Generic SIP as PRG Pilot is not SDS syncing from Primary MiVB to Secondary MiVB
MIVB-35395 Running out of CLASS detectors on FXO trunks
MIVB-35370 ACD Specific Group Alert button shows 0:00 for calls in queue however on next press shows correct call waiting time
MIVB-35368 Single quote in URL on key programming causes all key labels to blank out and ESM no longer allows edit of keys
MIVB-35326 (mivb 30830) Missing statelog.tar file absent from SOS logs
MIVB-35309 VM Settings defaulted when migrating MXe v8.0 to EX controller v10.0
MIVB-35288 SIP-DECT Provisioning doesn't work if OMM switches to standby OMM, PBX always use 1st IP only
MIVB-35279 DOC: T11 in the ANI field of SMDR report
MIVB-35255 SIP device with non prime key system keys causing issues with hold recall
MIVB-35253 After upgrade to MiVB 10 unable to dial over SIP - Voice/Video SRTP Encryption Enabled
MIVB-35234 Reconcile Failure - Failed to get domain object of type SASUserandServices
MIVB-35189 SMBC bad embedded MOH audio on aLaw files
MIVB-35183 RAD stop working after upgrading to 10.0.0.76 - x86 only
MIVB-35182 Teleworkers unable to connect to MIVB after upgrade - TCP ports not responding
MIVB-35164 SIP Micollab agents are being skipped when longest idle
MIVB-35161 Stale Task Alarm tCGI
MIVB-35150 Default for Digits Before Out pulsing changes with Country setting
MIVB-35142 Statedump does not show proper uptime MIVB 9.4
MIVB-35134 Doc - Controller Registry form, clarification on DTMF Duration fields
MIVB-35125 Incorrect use of INTERNAL ring cadence for an EXTERNAL trunk caller on transfer
MIVB-35118 After upgrade to 10.0.0.76 cannot search contacts in the Corporate directory from 69XX sets - x86 only
MIVB-35112 MDUG non-prime DN shows as CALLER when Ring Group is called from SIP DECT to Ring Group
MIVB-35097 System rebooted Crashing thread: WorkerST0
MIVB-35000 MiVB 9.3.0.24 MXE system reset due to tCAT
MIVB-34963 Unexpected Reset Crashing thread SIPAUX_Service
MIVB-34933 Call Control trap in group_manager
MIVB-34860 Transferred call from a dial out of queue from Path A to a new path B is recalled when the Interflow timer expires in Path B
MIVB-34809 DOC - Update EHDU / COR Behavior
MIVB-34803 SIP - ACD intermittently not playing the RAD, just MOH
MIVB-34801 Application sac call history does not show name when call comes in NI2 Bellcore
MIVB-34782 Extension barred from Dialing EHDU
MIVB-34764 PKM DSS/BLF Key showing incorrect status after upgrade
MIVB-34761 Call history does not show up on a 6910 set when logged in as an ACD hot desk extension
MIVB-34682 Group Admin tool does not show the system speed calls when logging in to manage them
MIVB-34638 SMDR missing Path Unavailable record when call comes in from SIP Generic Device i.e. InnLine Voicemail
MIVB-34623 The ACD real time events(RTE) seem to be at least 2 minutes delayed coming from the MivB
MIVB-34611 Consult Call fails on transfer after recall
MIVB-34610 MIVB VMCD no audio when adding conference
MIVB-34565 Location Specification form allows more than 500 entries, but the help file says 500 is the limit. What's the real limit?
MIVB-34542 CC: vkerror trap in cplowlvl_get_ani_dnis_display_data due to multi-threaded access to the array, ani_dnis_remote_pty_id
MIVB-34356 MiVB using 96 as DTMF payload when controller Registry form has 101
MIVB-34309 EX ESM cannot clean/delete bad IP FXS ports from Gateway Sets form
MIVB-34299 SIP Race condition between UPDATE and INVITE, no authentication sent after a 401
MIVB-34261 MiCollab SIP Softphone Agent not able to dial Page group number
MIVB-34162 Diversion lost when a call is camp-on on a VoiceMail Hunt Group
MIVB-34127 When checking in an Analog room logs are generated in MiVB
MIVB-34077 Difference between manual and scheduled "Role" exports
MIVB-34070 Remove AWS backup option from PPC systems
MIVB-34032 Calls Queued to Ring All Ring Group drop after 15 minutes
MIVB-33922 Call Control trap in accessdta due to range check error for Callback
MIVB-33912 Database corruption Verify_pickup_group 9.4.1.18
MIVB-33857 vkerror trap due to a NULL pointer access by bgrpmgr
MIVB-33832 EX PRI stops working after MSL password change and FXS programming is added
MIVB-33703 Critical Alarm being raised upon detecting crash of the following thread: tQ2KConnOperation
MIVB-33677 No ACD Path SMDR entry for calls to EHDA
MIVB-33622 MiVB reset due to tSIPSSM
MIVB-33619 Adding new Location/Department overwrites existing users’ location if their Location/Department had been recently deleted
MIVB-33550 Device connectivity shows extensions that are no longer programmed in the database
MIVB-33353 SNMP Trap fails to send on Clustered controllers
MIVB-32964 SMDR not changing call leg ID for call through ring group going to Voice Mail(VM)
MIVB-32857 Calls not routing to idle agent
MIVB-32339 RAD went into DND after removing were still ring no answer and vMivb needed to be rebooted
MIVB-31869 Embedded VM RAD ports going into DND due to failed to answer
MIVB-31087 AX slow logs full of RDS Audit Fixing xx - KALAHARI RESORTS - POCONOS
MIVB-30710 14.0.3.51 SDS distribution errors build up - KALAHARI RESORTS - SANDUSKY
MIVB-30531 EMEM cannot initialize or leave vmail due to file folder being owned by root user
MIVB-26353 Error in calling routine flistmgr_return_resource: resource 0 of the pool Q2000 Party List Pool is invalid.
MIVB-35543 MiVB Console MiVB Phonebook does not work after upgrade
MIVB-35378 SMBC system rebooted many times requested by task: GwCoordMonitor
MIVB-35224 DOC: How to migrate a 200 ICP to MIVB 9.1 or above procedure needs to be documented
MIVB-35004 The reference of GCID goes missing after a failed consultation call

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit more confident seeing that you all are not having many issues.
The list of bug fixes on the initial version does have me a bit concerned and glad I didn't jump into this right away.

Have they written 52xx phones completely out of the system yet? How about 5000 series phones. IP paging unit still configures as a 5010 and we have a ton of them out there.

Release notes say 5000 and 5200 series are not supported but they still show up as configurable set types. I don't have any of either on my system so I can't say if they work or not.

The 5000 and 5200 series haven't been "supported" since MiVB 7. Their wording is terrible as it implies that they're taking it out of the system or making them no longer functional as they did with the 5235 and Navigator. They in fact have worked on MiVB 8 and every flavor of 9 so far.

What Mitel should have published is they no longer provide technical support in regard to these phones, but they should continue to work. Use at your own risk.

I have a few sites that have freaked out when our salespeople shared the info with them. Some said not to do any upgrades until they have replaced the phones - they're still on 8 as I had to prove that they do work on 8. While others went full tilt and bought a bunch of gen 1 6920's and 6930's. We discovered that the first version of them had hook-switch springback issues where the hookswitch sometimes doesn't come up all the way when you answer on the handset.
We had to work with Mitel to replace all of them, but only after we determined that the phone was affected - sometimes this took several weeks, while others were noted immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back