Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel5000 SIP trunk Call routing tables... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankblan

Vendor
Jun 17, 2010
CA
Head scratcher;

Everything is up; I can dial out no biggie. But the DID doesn't ring in, get a fast busy and nothing appears in any monitoring window.

Configure in the IPO or on a SIP phone, all is fine.

I've been reading a ton of setup examples with different providers, the CRT seems to be the least complicated to setup. But no, no ring.

Is there a flag somewhere that I'm missing?

ACSS-SME

What happens if you set the Day and Night Ring In destination on the SIP trunk group to a single phone?

Same thing; I get a fast busy.

I've tried with 10 digit DID (Canada) and with a "1" (11 digits); not working either way.

What really irks me is that I don't see the 5000 rejecting it; it just doesn't "knock on the door"; although the 5000's monitoring options are quite bare.

I know it's not my router, since it works on my IP Office, and they are on the same subnet; I didn't have to forward anything on the router side.

Is there an equivalent to the URI in the 5000 programming? Somehow, I think that's the part that is missing...

ACSS-SME

Are you calling in with witheld CLI? We have to add a route set in the SIP trunk configuration. Set the hostname and username in there too otherwise calls are rejected.

If you turn Online monitor on go to system - maintenance - message print and set print expanded message print to full then go to SIP configuration and set SIP Message Output format to full do you see anything in your message print then?

Regards

Sorry SIP Trunk configuration - alternate IP/FQDN List add the SIP server IP or and fqdn in there. That tends to be the problem with our anonymous call issues on 5000.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. No, the outgoig caller ID name/number works fine.

As for alternate IP/FQDN, I only have one FQDN, and I cannot enter it twice; I get an error (I tried).

Also, just to make sure, I put the system on the DMZ, still no go.

ACSS-SME

FOUND IT!!

Godd....t, I had to declare my NAT/external IP under IP settings.

First time I've had to do this (IPO, BCM, 3CX, MCD); guess good ol' RTFM holds true.

ACSS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back