Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Your Assistant will not integrate with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth420

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2006
US
We are currently using YA v3.2. We have a computer here running Outlook 2003 Pro on XP Pro SP2. It does not allow me to drag and drop contacts from Outlook to the Personal Contacts window of YA. In the YA configuration window under PIM Integration, the Active PIM area is greyed out and says No Active PIM selected and will not allow me to change it to Microsoft Outlook. The Knowledge Management area also does not allow me to add an Outlook Folder because the button is greyed out. How do I get this software to start communicating with Outlook like all my other installations? Thanks.

Hello,

Check the following settings of the XP-client

-> Control panel

-> phone modems

-> avanced setting

If the Mitel Networks TAPI Service provider exist and check the config with the configure button.

Select this phone option in the outlook contacts phone options.

and check if you can call person from the contact list.

Succes,

Fred

Hi There,

You say that one of your PCs is having issues integrating with outlook. Do you have other PCs that do not have issues integrating with Outlook? Have you tried reinstalling Outlook? Outlook is know to have MAPI issues, which a reinstall may resolve. Are you running under a group policy which may restict integration with Outlook? Integrating with Outlook via MAPI has no relation to TAPI. Have you tried YA 3.3?

Thanks,
Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back