Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel WLAN stand & home network issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureChimpie

Technical User
Jul 20, 2009
GB
Hi

I am using a WLAN stand and TW set 5224 but i'm having a problem in that my wireless laptop on my home network keeps dropping out - I have to disable & enable the connection again to get back on the network.

It has only started happening since I installed the WLAN stand? The IP set doesn't reboot and continues to function ok it's ONLY my laptop (or the wife's laptop) that loses the network?

The WLAN stand is set up in virtual client mode, using WPA-PSK, 802.11g only, channel selection = auto, data rate = auto

I am using a BT Home Hub on s/w 6.2.6.H and WLAN stand is on 1.1.4

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Jon

I've got the Wireless stand on a BT Home Hub (the Black one), and it works perfectly (after I found that the ones that we'd been supplied with were still running 1.0 - which is absolutely terrible!).

On my HH, the only way that it worked reliably is in VC mode, but other than that, no problems.

The only difference I can see, it that I set the stand to use WPA2, rather than WPA.

thanks for the info aramsay

just a couple of q's - what is your signal strength like on your WLAN stand? Mine is around 38ish - I work upstairs and my home hub is located downstairs - my laptop signal strength is always very good as well

you mentioned your home hub was the black one is that the newer version of the home hum with N technology?

i have changed the WPA settings to WPA2 now on my hub and WLAN stand and just gonna see how it goes.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back