Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel vs Avaya vs Samsung vs IPECS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedders101

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2015
GB
Hi,

Hopefully I'm ok posting this in both Avaya and Mitel forums, if not I'll delete one!

We are moving office later this year and this will necessitate moving to a new phone system (our current one is obsolete anyway!)

We have 40+ staff but 80% of calls are outbound telesales. We need call recording, logging as part of the package.

We are being offered a number of hybrid ISDN30/IP systems. I'm just wondering if anyone has input on any of these 4 - any we should avoid etc!

Mitel 5000 vs Samsung 7200 vs IPECS vs Avaya

Quality of the call is very important to us as telesales is our primary method of generating new business. We may want to employ a dialler at some stage, probably not from the off though. We buy lists of contacts (small businesses mainly - we are BTB) in CSV format and currently the consultants manually dial them, after they research them. We need the facility to record telesales calls and for consultants to be able to pause the recording if financial details are being passed (for PCI compliance). On-screen click-to-call would be useful. The ability for telesales people to see their own (and only their own) current call stats is desirable. Some kind of dashboard facility we can use in the sales room would be good, but not essential. The ability for telesales managers to see the current status of their team (on a call, unavailable etc) would be good, as would the ability for them to ad hoc listen in to a sales conversation in-progress and even 'whisper' guidance only to the telesales person (inaudible to the person on the other end).

Other than that, just the normal features you'd expect like some kind of voicemail system, ability to direct DDIs at groups of extensions (ringing groups), auto-attendant with time of day controls etc.

I would forget the Mitel 5000. Honesty don't like it, I just don't consider it a Mitel system. Remember this is the old intertel that Mitel bought a few years ago.

Why not requesting a quote of the Mitel 3300? This is a powerful system, also Mitel has recently purchased Oaisys call recorders that integrates with the 3300 perfectly.

Personally I wouldnt right of the 5000.
Its a powerful bit of kit in my opinion for the sub 50 user market.
It will undoubtedly be more cost effective than a Mitel 3300 and you get alot of out of the box features.
Mivoice Call recording (formally Oaisys) is fully compliant with both the 5000 and the 3300 - also supports PCI compliance which you mention.
THe main downside in my opinion on the 5000 is there is absolutely no option for resilience / DR. Its a single box with a single PSU. If you opt for a digitial solutino the modules daisy chain - therefore if you lose the first in the chain you lose them all. We often see the PSUs failing in the core chassis. If you go for IP phones you still have a single main chassis with a single PSU / flash card.
Whereas the 3300 offer DUAL drives / PSUs and even resileince across systems if you are happy to invest abit of cash. All depends on your business needs and how critical uptime is.
Mitel also offer a couple of dialler options - both progressive and predictive. The Xarios offering (again Mitel have now acquired Xarios) ties in very neatly with the 5000. Xarios phone manager will give you the "dashboard visibility" you mention. However there are also dialler options for the 3300.
I certainly wouldnt write the 5000 off, particualry for an organisation of your size. however you need to be aware of the pros / cons / limitations / scalability etc

Avaya - its a decent bit of kit, presume your looking at the IP500? I would sway toward Mitel however thats just my opinion.

Ive never got on with Samsung....dont like it

if you are in the UK I would be happy to assist / advise further on the Mitel options.

Hi James,

Thanks for the feedback. I don't recall any of the 3 products we've been shown so far having multiple PSUs. If this is a once every 4 years type event and the support contract meant someone was out replacing that the same day then I think we could live with that. The Mitel solution we're being offered does have Xarios yes.

At this stage we're still waiting to see an Avaya. Until we get some quotes to compare it's hard to judge where price comes into the reckoning. I'll bear your offer in mind and will be in touch (if you let me know your contact details) if we need an alternative Mitel quote.

thanks again.

I understand. Happy to assist / advise technically (I am a tech at heart) or commercially if needed.
Feel free to make contact via this websire alternatively if you want direct contact the best way to contact me if needed is probably via our company website -
I hope you find a solution right for you, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back