Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel UCA SDK - any experience ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiStefano

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
AU
Anyone done anything with the SDK that comes with former UCA now MiCollab Client ?
It can be integrated with .NET and COM platforms.
It comes with the client install using TelephonyProxy.dll

///Stefanovitch

Free includes this and this only

- ability to send a number to desktop client and have it make the call
- ability to gain incoming caller Calling Line ID

anything more and you need the MSA alliance subscription.

we have supplied it to a few customers who have .net developers so that they can use it with their CRM packages

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks Billz66,
Did they manage to make something out of it though ?
The documentation is very limited and missing vital information in regards to how you call these routines.

///Stefanovitch

I've used it to integrate my call logging program with the Mitel 3300 system. Works like a charm. The MiCollab client has to be running at the same time as my .net app but I can pop up screens based on the caller ID/Name and dial the phone from the .net app. It also has detection of ringing (offering), answered call (connect) and hang up (disconnect). I program in vb.net, I can give you programming examples if you need them.

Hi TrickyPC

I am trying to integrate the SDK in to a custom database however we are having issues with the ringback, connect, disconnect and offering we don't know what the REFIID is for each of those events.

Do you happen to know what they are?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Hi L0ki,

I came across your post via google and thought I would reply to save you having a heart attack on this.

We have just completed weeks of work developing an interface to the UCA SDK from a non .NET CRM application (written in pure C++) - to say it has been a nightmare is underselling it.

The main issue is that TelephonyProxy.dll is not a true COM entity because it provides no method for you to access the events connect, disconnect, offering and ringback. This is because those events are actually .NET events and are not accessible via an iConnectionPointContainer interface.

So to answer your question, there is no REFIID - I know I was shocked as well given it was promoted as being a COM interface.

Our solution was to create a native <-> NET interop bridge/wrapper sending back the Event information to our application via a WM_COPYDATA Window message. The advantage of this approach is that we do not have to mess around with regasm which I feel is an amateur thing to have to do. The disadvantage is that we now have to install the Visual C++ Runtime Libraries because you cannot statically link CLI to those libraries which is annoying.

Anyway, our mitel update has just been rolled out to one Client at this stage and we have Dial Out and Caller ID working.

But here we have hit a snag.....

The Caller ID application is maintaining a log file so that we can see the firing sequence of the events. And there we have a problem - the sequence is not logical. We are seeing random disconnect events for which there is no connect event and sometimes the ringback and offering phone numbers are not provided at all.

So, what I am after is some documentation explaining the events in detail describing basic things like what to expect when a call is transferred from another extension or placed on hold. Anyone ?

Of course I am happy to share with others trying to get what is the worst SDK I have come across in 30 years operational. I mean if you are not going to use TAPI but provide your own interface, surely you would make sure that what you supply is superior to TAPI.

This is certainly not the case in this instance and I would sack the developers of this monstrosity in a blink of an eye.
Leslie.

TrickyPC said:
It also has detection of ringing (offering), answered call (connect) and hang up (disconnect). I program in vb.net, I can give you programming examples if you need them.

Hi TrickyPC,

I would love to see some of your programming examples in particular how/if you are handling calls placed on hold or transferred from another extension. Basically we want to be able to time the duration of each call.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Leslie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back