Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Telnet Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchallenor

Vendor
Jun 18, 2002
US
does anyone have a copy of the Mitel Telnet Client...we have a 200ICP r2, no web access (until we upgrade it)

Any suggestions, I've tried several (just tried Secure CRT) with no luck.....

Did you do the <IP_Address> 2000
???

You have to put 2000 after words or it won't work.

yes, set port to 2000, and still no go.
If you just do a telnet from a dos prompt with 2000, the Mitel responds that it needs TLS/SSL telnet client.

Your client needs to support SSL. Did you client on ENABLED SSL for that connection?

that's one of the big problems, the connection type on most of these programs is telnet, ssh1, ssh2...I don't find any ssl......what program do you use?

Type "Telnet w/SSL" into Google, pulled up a lot of free trials.

there must be something up with the 200ICP....just tried Powerterm and same thing, it's looking for SSH/TLS client.

I don't get that message when I use port 2000.

For security reasons, a TLS/SSL enabled telnet client MUST be used to connect

this is the message I get from the 200ICP no matter what combination settings I seem to use...

I got PowerTerm to work once....now it won't connect again.......I'm going to try a reset. I would love to get a copy of the Mitel Secure Telnet client. I understand it comes on the CD that came with the system and it's free to download for Mitel dealers.

Why not just upgrade to release 3 and then you can surf to it through your browser?

There is nothing special to it, it's an open-source version from a university.

Hey JChallenor,
I had the same problem. Mitel made it so hard in Release 2 for me to access the system. Before I could do it from any computer with hyperterminal but now I had to find a program that would work. The first one I tried from the Mitel website sucked. It ran in DOS and it wouldn't show the buttom options once in the system, it was HORRIBLE. Then I found another one on there that works great and I would recommend to anyone. Just go to the Mitel FTP.

Matthew McGowan
Reynolds Park

guys, not sure if it's the same on the sx but I use "putty" on the 3300.

maybe it could work

I'm not seeing a SX-200 folder? Where do I go to find this? I usually just get it from the CD.

go to ftp.mitel.com go to the outgoing folder
or just follow these folders. program is TN3270. its great!

ftp://ftp.mitel.com/Outgoing/SX200ICP/SecureTelnet/TN3270/

Matthew McGowan
Reynolds Park

How does one get a login/password for the ftp site?

BTW, TN3270 works GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back