Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel sx2000 Hard Drive Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelsx2k

Programmer
Dec 6, 2006
GB
Hi Guys
I have an redundant sx2000 with a faulty hard drive only problem is we do not have any software on RSD but we do have a copy of the sysuser on RSD

I have installed the new hard drive and it has LW34 on it the software of the switch is LW33

Do i just mount the RSD with the sysuser on and then restore it, any help would be very grateful

You can copy the active plane to the inactive plane.

You should really have some idea of what you are doing, but if you want to you can do something like this:

On active:

Take a backup to rsd before starting anything else!

enable activity freeze [panel enable and freeze on]

part [partition the active plane - answer yes to any questions]

if that fails, you can try 'file dis red' and try again.

When you enter 'wh' there should be a '*' next to plane identifer to indicate partitioned. eg. A Act * [or similar]

On the inactive you need to format the disk:

** Double check you are on the inactive plane! If you get this wrong you format your active plane... Use the 'wh' command.
file dis red [do not miss this step out - otherwise the format can time-out]
vol for disk sysuser load $8000 redun $10000 scr [can take up to 40 mins]

Once formatted, log back into the active and enter:

vol set sysuser read only [vol info to check]

Then back to the inactive and enter:

vol restore sysuser from other [you should see the hard drive lights flash - probably 30 mins]

Once that is completed go back to the active and enter:

vol set sysuser read write ['vol info' to check - system won't join if not completed]

Then load the inactive - press panel enable and load a or b or use the load command - should come back with correct version of software with options and database.

Once inactive loaded, see if it is partitioned or not - 'wh' command

If inactive is showing partitioned issue 'join' command

If not partitioned, I would 'part' it then wait 5 mins then 'join' it [probably unnecessary but will do no harm].

Then on the active issue 'join' command. Inactive will reload automatically and they will sync up hopefully.

You can use 'file stat red' to see how you are doing.

Good luck.

Thanks, To format the hard drive i will need the software RSD which i don't have can i use another software RSD of a different version just to format the hard drive

You said the replacement hard drive has LW34 on it? If so you should be able to log in and get a desktop where you can run commands.

You can format the drive from here.

You don't need the software RSD to format the drive. All you need to do is bring up the inactive plane with the replacement drive installed, format it, then copy from the active plane as laid out previously. Also, if you have access to Mitel OnLine (or I guess now it's Mitel Connect), you can download a copy of the software and use a PC and the inactive controller to burn a software RSD.

Do you need new RSD's or hard drives? I've retired several systems and have spares of many of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back