Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX2000 --> Cisco VG450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2013
US
After almost a quarter century, our company is moving to Cisco VG450 for analog lines in our hotels. Not a project to which I am looking forward. I have a question about changing out some cards in the SX2000.

Cisco has the ability to use 24 pins in the Amphenol cables while Mitel utilizes 16 due to the cards. I have been looking in the cabinets and it has DNI Cards assigned to some of those cabinets.... on the 110 blocks nothing is punched until an On Premises Line coincides with the cabinets. For instance...

Cab 6 shelf 1 slot 1 Programmed Card Type DNI Line Installed Card Type DNI Line.
Cab 6 shelf 1 slot 2 Programmed Card Type DNI Line Installed Card Type DNI Line.
Cab 6 shelf 1 slot 3 Programmed Card Type On Premises Line Installed Card Type On Premises Line. This continues - slot 10. 11 shows no card (because there is not card in the slot. (another subject later)

There are multiple cabinets with slots that are like this. There are 6 operating cabinets with numbers scattered around... basically a mess. I have 300 rooms and a few odd numbers to consolidate.

I cannot pull a DNI LINE CARD and change it to an ON PREMISES LINE Card because it says "Device is not deassigned". What do I do there? How do I make it so I can assign an "ON PREMISES LINE" Card to replace that slot?

As for the slot 11 subject, I put in an extra ONS card into that slot and it recognized it, BUT it said "there is no more room for new records". How can I fix that?

ANY INFORMATION will be great and most appreciated.

System is a Mitel 3300 MXE III It has not been updated since July 2014 since they discontinued supporting the Mitel 5550 IP Console in July 2014. (It is not in a cluster, simply stand alone)
SX2000 for the analog cabinets.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I tell you, since they switched to Cisco for our primary business phone systems, I miss Mitel. I cannot believe we switched to Cisco considering the fact they had Mitel in place for well over 22 years (back in 2020). It took them 3 years to make the switch for hotel side in order to use it with the Hotel management system they have in place. Anyone thinking it is all green and rosey on switching to Cisco is mistaken. (My opinion of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back