Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX200 MX Superset 4025 Button Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsgary

Vendor
Sep 24, 2002
US
In programming the buttons for a 4025 telephone set in Form 09, I am trying to find out exactly what an "Internal" button is. I have searched through my original documentation that came with the system, but cannot find out what function I have when I program an "internal" button.

a line is designated as internal if internal dialtone is present when selected.

e.g. Prime Lines, Personal O/G keys, Key Lines, Multicall Keys

Here is the description I found in the manual under Line Preference Programming.

When the user goes off–hook to dial, the system checks for an available internal line appearance. The system looks at the prime line first. If it is idle then it is selected. Otherwise the rest of the lines on the set are scanned for the first personal outgoing line that is idle, or a single appearance key or multicall line that is idle and is not an in-only line. If such a line is found then it is selected for dialing. Direct trunk select, CO line and private trunk lines are never automatically selected and key and multicall lines that have more than one appearance (in the system) are never selected. If a line is selected then the user is put dialing on that line. If there are no available lines then the user is prompted to select a line to dial on.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back