Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mitel sx-50 program new console

Status
Not open for further replies.

scocchius

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2018
US
We have a Mitel sx-50 system and it looks like the console may have died so we're considering replacing it.
For basic telephone functionality, does anyone have any information on programming it? We do have the technical docs with notes on how it was originally programmed but I'm hoping that there's more of a simple use this function and this command to get these extensions active kind of thing. I wasn't able to find any posts when searching, but apologies if I missed it!

Thanks!
Stephanie

Usually a dedicated socket fro the SX-50 console. No config required on the console itself. Any related config is on the SX-50.

Plug in a replacement console and it should just work!

Thanks for the reply!
I was under the impression that we'd need to reprogram a new console, but if we don't that's great news.
Do you happen to have any tips for verifying that the console is the problem? The issues we're having are basically that incoming calls don't work and only some extensions can call. I tried to do a data dump, but it wouldn't accept what we're pretty sure were the right codes, so we're thinking that might be a symptom too.

Thanks again.

Is the console displaying anything? Can you call it from desk phones?

You say you tried a data dump - was that from the console? What actually happened? Did anything display on the laptop you had connected to receive the data?

Have you checked your trunks? Are you getting dial tone if you plug into them using a test phone on the frame? Maybe it's a trunk issue?

The console display seems normal - there is an alarm message but that's been there for years and everything was working fine.
I tried the data dump that I hoped would output to the printer but it wouldn't accept the admin code we were pretty sure was the right one. We can call the console from extensions but just can't get external calls.
If you happen to know anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area who works on these, private message me their contact info. At this point, we'd like to get it working again but have had a hard time finding someone who works on these systems.

Thanks again for the help!

It was most likely installed in the 1980s. Most of the techs who worked on these are probably dead by now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back