Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX 200 Remote Maintenance Screen Hung

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLymner

Vendor
Jun 3, 2003
US
I have a couple of Mitel SX200 systems with hung remote maintenance screens. I can dial into the modem, handshake and connect, but never get to the first menu screen. Just a pretty white screen. I have tried the Esc6 and Esc5 thingy, plus the Ctrl Q,W,E,R,T,Y - B,N,M route :) and cannot clear the screen. Only way I have ever been successful is to bounce the PBX, and customer does not like this in the middle of the day. Power cycling the modem does not work either. Anybody have any undocumented tricks?

when this has happened have you ever been able to have someone connect directly to the maintenance port and see if it is hung up from there. I would look at the programming of the modem, follow the Mitel bulletin for programming your modem.

Can the system be accessed via the maintenance port? No. So far the only way of getting communications with the PBX is to reboot it. We have been lucky enough to wait a couple of weeks and have the site go through a power fail!!!! Yeap, no good UPS system. All modems are set to Mitel specs. Am hoping someone knows an undocumented back-door key combination.

did you try accessing if on site through the web browser? Can access be setup remotely through an internet connection?

No, customer does not allow browser interface. Text based only, which is strange, because they do allow on site browser access on another vendor plateform PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back