Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX 200 Help with restriction that won't release 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phdude

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have a problem with a room number(ext.167)and an office (ext.117) that is getting a fast busy when you dial 9 to get out on local call and I suspect it might be a restriction that won't release. Can someone offer up a way to double check procedure for releasing?
When I first arrived I was able to clear same problem on (ext.299)by hitting console keys to clear it but the other exts. still won't clear.

Thanks for your help.

Calling restrictions such as local dialing only or no long distance. Currently it will only call room to room or room to operator.

thanks

Compare the COS and COR's to that of extensions that work, are they the same?

If your NOT using a PMS system, verify:
FUNCTION
GUEST ROOM
DIAL EXT.#
STATUS -change to LOCAL, LONG DIST, or INTERNAL

If you ARE using a PMS system, verify:
FUCTION
GUEST ROOM
DIAL EXT.#
RESTRICT O/G

The only programming tool I have is the console.
I will try your suggestions. Manager says ext 117 has been getting a fast busy for two years.........ever since someone programmed the switch to be able to put restrictions on. (imagine that)

I was able to clear restriction on ext 299 by hitting, "guest room" then "2" then "4" then "cancel" or may have cleared with "guest room" then "status" then "cancel"

Thanks for the help I usaully don't do Mitel.

All the steps I have given you are to be completed on the console.

If you want to enter system programming you can do that on the console as well, or on your laptop. Use a DB9M to DB9F cable and run ProCom or HyperTerminal. Connect your PC, run the communications software of your choice, hit ENTER four (4x) times and login. Everything is form based. I think as a "new Mitel guy" you will find the system "different" to program, but once you spend 5 hours with it (playing) it turns out to be a really nice system program. One of the best actually (even better then the M1 from Nortel).

Take care,
Neil

Hey Avaya Guy thanks so much for the help. What protocol do I use to get hooked up? What is the PMS system?(I know if you have to ask you don't/ should not be told).

If your NOT using a PMS system, verify:
FUNCTION
GUEST ROOM
DIAL EXT.#
STATUS -change to LOCAL, LONG DIST, or INTERNAL

How do you read out different levels of restriction at console?

thanks

We have an SX-2000 Light and for emulation, we have used Hyperterminal with VT52 or VT100 in the past, so try one of those at a low baud rate - something like 2400bps. These days I just use the main terminal as it's about 10 yards away anyway.

Have you had any luck with this yet? Have you found the CoR of the extension and compared it to an extension that works properly?

I think we used N 8 1 - I'm thinking back a couple of years. What we used to do was dial in to the modem attached to the Tracker modem which supports a VT-510 terminal, so if you've got a VT terminal attached, the VT emulation should work. If you get the parity, data and stop bits wrong, you should still get a connection and some garbled characters. The important thing is the BAUD rate which I think was very slow - perhaps 2400. After you get some sort of connection, then you can play with parity, etc.

If you're connecting directly to a port on the switch rather than through the Tracker, then I'm not sure what emulation you'd need.

Not sure what a "Tracker" is, but 8-N-1 connected directly to the Maintenance Port works. Just use ProCom or HyperTerminal. I use HyperTerminal.

PMS is a Property Management System. This is functionality that the customer *may* have paid for (to be enabled), in order for the switch to work directly with the customer excisting PMS/Hotel-Property Management system.

Neil

what 200 do you have? analog or digital? analogs do not program from the pc!! programming is thru the console and can be real tricky without manual and overlay.

ps, mitel 200 analog is either 300 or 1200, switch setable on the scanner card. n,8,1 not negotiable.

digital give you more leeway

reataylor@hotmail.com

sorry, I just reread the thread and realized I was not answering your original guestion. (it's been a long day)

you've got a mitel 200 analog (the 2 or 4 gives it away).
Press GUEST ROOM button
dial the required extension number
look to see if the ROOM RESTR button is lite (is the installer didn't label it right, it's under the NITE 2 button).
If it is lite, press it and it should go off.

Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back