Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MITEL SX 100/200 Phones does not ring in the motel rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ushakant

Technical User
Jan 17, 2011
US
I would appreciate if you can guide me to resolve this problem we have.Any time phone comes from outside line or we are trying to call from main consel to the room phone the phone in the room will have lights blinking but ring will not ring. Same thing happens when we put a console on night phone will not ring. If there is easy solution that I can follow to correct the situation.
Thank You
JOE
ushakant@cableone.net

check the fuses on the back of the system

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I have checked the glass fuses which are only two in the back of the unit and I believe they are for Powersupply Both the fushes are good and showing continuty, I still have a same problem with this SX 200 SuperSWITCH.
Please see if there is an alternative solution to correct.
Thx for advise to kwbmitel.
thx
Joe

If the fuses are good then the Ring Generator is probably shot. There will be a test connector inside the door of the back. Test for 90V AC.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back