Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Software Installer tool gone mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

actswitch

Programmer
Jun 22, 2007
GB
Hi Guru's

Has anyone else found that no matter what boxes you tick in the Software Installer tool it goes off and does EVERYTHING. For instance, I only wanted to load software on a controller, so I only ticked the install software box, but it did a backup, software install, license and restore. This happens every time, am I doing something wrong?

All I ever wanted to do was climb telephone poles - where did it all go wrong?

Have not had that experience. Have been able to install software only with the tool. What version you using?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Thanks for replying Loopyloo, it's 11.0.1.11 which is the latest and perhaps not so greatest. Could be a bug in this load as I've not had this problem before either.

That would be my guess.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Is the tick box for Offline Upgrade unchecked? This will give you the options to schedule the backup and reboot.

Thanks Benny89, next chance I get to play I'll check. What I would really like to do is use S.I. to apply licenses to a system with no Internet access, especially now you can't use mos options on MCD5. Trouble is, if you de-select backup, install software and restore database it still does it all anyway. Harumph.

There is always the manual mode i.e going through the console port.

To tell the truth I prefer the manual way, but do you lose the ability to swap back to the previous load?

If you unplug the 3300 from the LAN and plug it straight into your PC and set your PC's IP Address to the Gateway Address in the 3300. Under the Properties of the Network conenction which is your current Internet Connection, Share your Wifi or 3G connection on your PC to the Ethernet Card and you can sync the licences that way.

Your laptop becomes the gateway to the internet.

Think you still can swap using the manual mode.

I think I am having the same issue as above with the newest version 11.0.2.3. Using it on a windows 7 laptop as I couldnt get it to licence on XP, anyone had any issues with 11.0.1.11 & 11.0.2.3 on WIndows XP pro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back