Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Single Number Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky4j

Technical User
Nov 11, 2009
GB
Hi, I am looking for some clarification.

Mitel have Single Number Reach featured as part of their UCCv2 offering. With up to 8 devices.

I want to know how would you configure this on the Mitel 3300 or MBG Server? If it was on the 3300 I would assume it was hotdesking?

If anyone has setup this Single Number Reach any help would be great!

Thanks in advanced!

Mitel's UCC licensing is talking about Multi-Device User Groups.

This licensing model allows for up to 8 devices to be programmed in the group.

This can include Softphones, Cell phones , hotdesk ID's, and assorted other devices.

All function under 1 license. (way way cheaper than individual licensing)

The caveat is that only one device can be used at any one time. This also means you cannot have multiline keys of the user anymore. LoopyLou has said (she's?) compiling a list of what you cannot do with the UCC license and the list is getting rather long by my understanding.

It does work for the most part though as long as you have the proper expectations.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel,

Thanks for that. Therefore am I correct to configure a single number this way:

External DDI 0208 123 4567

UCC licenses UC/MBG and 3300 under AMC ULM.

Mitel 3300

Configure hotdesk user 4567

configure multi-device group 4567

Member 1 8888
Member 2 7777 (MBG)
Member 3 6666 (UC Softphone)

Therefore if anyone calls 0208 123 4567 Members 1-3 will all ring as per the conditions of who is busy or not.

Thanks!

I believe the presence of the members also comes into play, not just if they are busy or not.

Not sure where the 4567 hotdesk user comes into play as you have not programmed a desk set.

Program a desk set with multi-device as the license type
Program any of the other device type you require
Create a multi group associated with the desk set
Add all other members

Only 1 call will ring the devices
If ANY device is busy, all are busy, there cannot be a second call active on any device in the group(inbound outbound intercom anything)

kwb,

We've jumped on the UCCv2 bandwagon as well (decision made before my time, I'm just making the best of it), and I've deployed approximately 50 HD users using the UCC MdUG licenses. A couple of those users are in receptionist positions, I want to clarify your last sentence:

When one member of the group is engaged in a call:

callers will receive a busy signal (in other words, "One Busy All Busy" is always enabled) unless there is another way to ring the active set, for example via a multicall appearance key. In which case, the active set rings; other MdUG member sets do not ring even if they are in the multicall group. To answer the call on the active set, the user must put the first call on hold.

Keep in mind that my configuration has a single member in a MdUG. None of the users are twinning their cell phones.

I resent the she comment.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

rocky4j: Not sure what 8888 and 7777 are in your example but if I understand you then yes you create the MUG and assign it members. However each member you are going to put in the MUG has to be created with a service level of multi-device. You can create deskphones, hotdesk logins, External Hot Desk extensions ( without a EHDU license ), soft phones etc as multi-device but they will be non functional until inserted into your MUG ( multi user group ).

And no I have never finished the list of difference between a MUG and a PRG.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

LoopyLou, you resent it, fine, but you didn't deny it. I don't care either way and I'm tired of using gender neutral references for you. Please help me in this one little thing and let me know. For the record, you can refer to me any way you like but male pronouns apply.

At bribob - Yes, you can ring the phone with non-prime keys but once the phone is in use, all other devices are still considered busy regardless of the key in use. I've also found that if you try an share Keylines between 2 non-related MUG phones you cannot put the call on hold on one phone and pick them up on the other. As you say, any one set, can handle multiple calls simultaneously as long as all calls are unrelated to one another.

Its a he and I was showing my baseball fandom. i.e Lou Piniella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back