Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Phones don't register with PIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GZgidnick

Technical User
Jan 8, 2015
AU
Hi gents,

I have one deployment out of few, causing grief to me.
icp3300
vMCD OVA version 6.0.3.7
Release level: 6.0 SP3
Active software load: 12.0.3.15

It just doesn't accepts the PINs when registering new phones.
It goes like this:
- USE Hold key to SEND PIN
- Goes to Registering... for less than a sec
- Back to: USE Hold key to SEND PIN

System reboot fixes the issue temporarily but it comes back.
I've observed strange error though which I may think may be related to the issue, scrshoot attached.

If anyone faced similar issues any input is appreciated.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ab9f1136-8281-4c1b-89ab-e3d1007eab16&file=error.png
Resolved by deactivating "Hot Desking User".
My logic is that "Hot Desking User" will only work on already Registered phone, thus the new phone must perform initial registration before being able to allow users flagged as "Hot Desking Users" to log in.

Now, that error on the screenshot, I would appreciate if anyone had any clue of fixing it. Not that it causes a problems, it just prevents me from editing the registration code and simple things like that.

Hi,

If you want to use hot desking then you need to create IP devices only which act as base extensions. These don't take up licenses but you cannot dial externally etc with them. Log in each base with these extensions. Then log hot desk users in to the IP Devices as needed.

I haven't seen that error before, is that on the wizard or are you using MAS and doing single point of provisioning and the error is on MAS?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back