Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Phonbook Entries Temporarily Disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

pAnoNymous

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2008
GB
We have some weird behaviour using the Phonebook system on our Mitel 3300 network - it's something that's probably been the case since the system was installed but as people are getting used to using it I'm getting a few more complaints - when searching the Phonebook from the phone (through the super key) (mostly 5212) it's not uncommon for loads of entries not to be visible - if you exit/retry the Phonebook the missing entries will reappear. This problem is very intermittent and it usually only takes one or two retries to see the whole of the Phonebook.

Is this a common problem/hopefully with a known solution?

I have the identical issue with a site running 8.0.9.20 clustered to one other site.

Always 5212's and phonebook not finding entries intermittant.

I've opened a ticket with Mitel support and they tell me they cannot duplicate the issue and have no other sites reporting the issue.

Just to make sure, This isn't regarding UMA Engineering, Right?

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

UMA Engineering???? Always wanted to visit Canada... Nope, not here.

I guess we'll have to get in touch with Mitel on this one..... doesn't sound too promising.

I've already given the enginneers a link to your post. Please do call Mitel if you have access and refer to my ticket if you like 400202410

Based on your references to DDI's and the spelling of behaviour I placed you somewhere in the UK.

UK - Yep. Won't be able to contact Mitel directly (I think you can only do that in Canada) but will speak to our provider and will mention your reference number.

What release are you running? There was a new feature in 8UR2 (if i remember rightly) that allows you to search the Location your in first (set by the location name) and then if you retry it it searches the whole directory.

Have a look in the COS of the set and see if that COS has "Phonebook lookup - Default user location set to yes

There is a new feature in 8UR3 which allows users to search only their Location first, then if you hit no and try again it searches the whole directory.

Go to the COS of the handsets and see if the following is set to yes:

Phonebook lookup - default user location

Been there done that on my site, no corrolation.

When you lookup an entry, the response is "No such Entry" the location options in COS settings have no impact.

The next time you try from the same set for the same name it finds the entry. We're talking 15 minute intervals here. It is not a programming error. Definitely a bug, but until now I was being told I was the only one.

I'm being directed by product support to capture the packets from the set using wireshark so we're finally making progress now that another site has the same issue.

Also checked that setting and it's set to: No. We also only have a single location so it shouldn't be an issue. Also, as above, it's very intermittent - quite often if you just press the Super Key and search again the entry will come up - on the client side you go through exactly the same process.

Recommendation: Upgrade from UR3. It's the worst load Mitel have produced in a number of years. We only installed it at a few sites and our maintenance calls went up 100% from those sites only.

UR4 appears to be stable and has fixed a number of issues. Mitel Should have removed it from Field Availability but they don't want to admit that they messed up!! Afraid of compo claims I think.

I've got loads of sites on UR3 with no problems what so ever. Think that claim is a little strong!

This issue will apparently be fixed in 8.0UR5, scheduled to be released the end of the month

We are about to add a Mitel 3300 Mxe Controller to our existing 3300 Mx Controller environment for redunandy since the Mx 3300 controller had no built in redundancy. Both the controllers will be located in the same facilities and we will be using the enterprise manager to sync both the controllers.

Has any come across any problems using the enterprise manager to sync both the Mx and Mxe controllers or any other problems?

What kinds of problems have you been seeing with UR3? I've got 300 nodes running on it, with no issues.

Sorry guys - stupid question - How do I tell which UR I'm on (what does UR stand for)

We're on 8.09.20...
Also get that occasionally.

UPDATE:

I was working with Mitel TAC on this issue. I have now successfully duplicated the problem on a 5224 set as well.

With the 5224 set, if the phonebook is accessed thru the softkey under the display it works fine. If the phonebook is accessed via the blue applications key it fails the same as the 5212.

Mitel has all the traces and are sifting thru.

Stay tuned.

Yes you're correct, 8.0.9.20 is the "fixed" UR3 release.

And I really do have 300 nodes running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back