Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Pet Peeves, DCR's, and Wish lists I think its time for another wish list 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billz66

Technical User
Feb 21, 2010
AU
We have been able to feed back some more of our Wish List stuff towards Mitel.
not sure whether they will action or not but I think its time for another wishlist?

I was checking out kwb's last one and some of them have come to fruition
- browsers can be firefox - its not chrome but its a start
- there is now a did translation table
- outgoing alpha tagging
- voicemail transfer via messages key

At the moment our highest wish is for Hotdesk users to remember where they were after a system reset or upgrade.
- we have more and more datacentre hosted systems with remote sites and if there is a minor link outage the hotdesk users all get logged out and are complaining that they have to log back in.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

we agree with:

"It would save heaps of time if the Label field on programmable keys could be linked to the User name for DSS/BLF keys. So if you update the name of a User then any DSS/BLF keys associated with that directory number have the label automatically updated"

another problem we find is customers repeatedly asking us to re-program lots of buttons on 5330/5340 so they are alphabetic.
i.e. every time someone joins/leaves the company, this needs done

it would be nice to be able to say, this range of buttons (say 10-22), on these phones, should auto-populate, alphabetically, with the names (picked up automatically from the extension) of the following list of extensions.... (then we can add/remove extensions from that list)

@ fissure

With respect to auto generated dss keys.

One thing we really have to keep in mind is how Mitel is motivated to make changes
[ul]
[li]Competitive Product offers feature - $$$[/li]
[li]Sales will be increased by offering feature - $$$[/li]
[li]Demand for feature is high and can affect sales - $$$[/li]
[/ul]

There are more but if you've ever submitted a DCR you will know that all requests need to be justified by the almighty dollar.

I've been doing this long enough that I can tell you the auto generated DSS keys for the convenience of alphabetical listing is unlikely to be justifiable.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@kwbMitel, understood re: DCR (design change request) being $$$ related

but what better way to please a community of users/installers, than simplifying the things they and their users want...

also, the subject of this thread also mentions 'pet peeves' and 'wish lists' :)

we can hope

as suggested, comments would be good

and a way to maybe watch the SIP debug logs, other than via the 'maintenance commands' window

we've tried/failed to get them via telnet to ports 1752 etc, and via a log viewer app for windows we downloaded (for Mitel)

and to be able to enable SIP debugs solely for 1 SIP peer or 1 extension?

we would like to hear more about the software only meet-me conferencing solution that TheMitelGuy mentions...

-Comments fields please!

-Analog caller ID setups continue to be very clumsy, I don't think it's time yet to discontinue support! On every analog set here, only the ring group to which the call is coming displays, not the calling number. This is the case even when "calling line ID on single line sets" is activated in COS. There are $$$ involved on this one, at lease one customer wanted caller ID on their phones but didn't have the infrastructure for IP sets, so they went with another lower end solution which supported this simple feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back