Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MITEL NUPOINT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYKELB

Technical User
Dec 20, 2005
US
I'm trying to log into the Nupoint Agent Maintenance terminal and it fails each time. I've gone to QNX and
entered a suggested command "term=vt100 console" and still no go. I have been assured this is the way to go. Have I missed something in the process?

Try "ctrl-z" ? I remember something about the old nupoints needing that to login. If not, then please post what version of nupoint you are running.

My Biggest problem is that I almost always believe what I tell myself.

Verify you've got Nupoint Agent (Reports, System Information). Change your terminal type to QNX Console (D-O-C). Logout of system and log back in - you should be cooking. Make sure your emulation is VT100. Let me know if you fail and what you're seeing.
Marty

Thanks all for your response here is the solution to my problem. The original instructions were right just not complete. To launch the Nupoint Agent maintenance terminal I entered "q" from the main menu (when asked to make a selection). I selected yes to go to qnx. At the # prompt
I typed term=vt100 and then enter at the next # prompt I typed console and this launched my Agent terminal. See example for clarification (Yes VT100 is in caps).

#term=VT100
#console

You really should set the system to ask you for terminal type on login. Exiting to QNX isn't advisable, since you could hurt something without knowing it. But yes, your syntax is correct for doing it from maintenance, don't forget to exit from the console twice to close both sessions once finished working on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back