Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel MiVoice Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3voltas

Technical User
Nov 12, 2013
PT
Hi there.
My boss wants me to go learn Mitel because we have landed a contract with a customer that has a big Shoretel PBX.
I've posted before about this in the Shoretel forum. Here Link.

Apparently Shoretel has been bought by Mitel and I am assuming this was a Shoretel Connect On Site. Which would have been migrated to MiVoice Connect. Right?
First of all, where would I find a full system specs so that I can be sure of the product's model?
Second, where and how do I get training on this system. Is it paid?
Is there a free training solution?
Is the documentation good? Where do I get the documentation?

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but the MiVoice/MiCloud Connect product that was a rebranded Shoretel system that had its development stopped by Mitel when they announced their partnership with Ring Central. I had just completed the course around this time and completed two installs on MiCloud Connect and within weeks of go-live, they were migrated to Ring Central by Mitel themselves. Mitel must still support those installs that chose not to migrate though.

The training was free at the time because Mitel was really pushing the product. I'm not sure if they even offer it now.

Do you have a Mitel Online Account and/or a Mitel Account Manager?

The naming conventions are getting even more confusing now...

My understanding is that MiVoice Connect is the on premise Shoretel product. MiCloud Connect was the old Shoretel Sky product and that is what's migrating to RingCentral.

Mitel now publish all their documentation publicly.

@Devolution
Thanks for the reply.
No, I don't have a Mitel Online Account nor a Mitel Account Manager.
Where would I create such an account? Do I have to pay to create that account?
TIA
Cheers

@sarond
Thanks for your reply too.
And thanks for the documentation link.
TIA
Cheers

Good morning to all Shoretel Partners,

The Mitel cloud supporting Shoretel has been basically discontinued and your only options is to hand over your client to RingCentral for a commission. Which is probably not what your company is looking to do (lose a client and its revenue)

In my previous post, I explained how VOIP Networks with Mitel have a solution to provide a cloud offering while Mitel partners can keep their clients - See below:

VOIP Networks Cloud9 Infrastructure is a Mitel-approved and-endorsed infrastructure provider that offers turnkey solutions for your MiVoice Business (MiVB) subscription licenses. More importantly, Cloud9 Infrastructure represents a new opportunity to acquire and retain new clients. This program is designed to replace the FLEX service and Connect and provide Mitel Partners with a proven solution for you to offer your customers a Mitel MiVB private cloud solution. With the Mitel MiVB private cloud solution, you own the customer experience, you buy the Mitel subscription licenses, you handle all the programming, training, support services, and MAC work while Cloud9 Infrastructure provides the data center infrastructure services.

Please contact me with Any questions you may have
al.pigliacelli@voipnetworks.com or 212-776-4510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back