Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel MiVB Resiliency 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe King

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hi
I'm running MiVB 9.0.3.24

If I have a phone who has primary MIVB1 and Secondary MiVB2, MiVB1 and MiVB2 are clustered but in different data centres and datacentre1 went offline completely would the phone still re-home to MiVB2 in the other datacentre. I'm reading Mitel only support application layer resiliency. The phone has a connection to both DC's.

Thanks

Yes. If the phone loses connectivity to MiVB1, it will attempt to re-home to MiVB2. As long as it has connectivity to the backups MiVB, it will re-home. Once MiVB1 and MiVB2 have re-established connectivity with each other and the phones, the phones will attempt to re-home back to their primary MiVB.

If you set on MiVB2 - Controller Registry form "Resiliency - Allow Return to Primary ICP (Yes/No)" to NO the phone will not re-home to primary MiVB1 but stay on MiVB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back