Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel license sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky4j

Technical User
Nov 11, 2009
GB
Hi,

I am a little confused on how the Mitel licensing works for UCCv2. If we have a Mitel CX along with a MAS which is hosting UCA and MBG a UCCv2 standard license allows you to have upto 8 devices in a group for a single number. But where do you apply the UCC license? As I would have the line on the Mitel 3300, a device on the MBG and a softphone on the UCA of some sort.

I think it is done on the Mitel Group Application Licensing but not sure.

Previously I would have licensed the Mitel 3300 and MBG + UCA individually via the AMC but now they will share the UCC license?

Thanks in advance.

Since the UCC packaging is a marketing part you would get the necessary licenses in your AMC account and then would need to apply them to the correct products. There is no UCC license on any system that I am aware of.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

check the engineering guidelines.
you need to create a GARID (group arid), this GARID will contain app records for both the 3300 and MAS.
The licences are then assigned tot eh GARID rather than the individual app records for the 3300 and application.

All details are in the engineering guidelines

If youa re struggling I can copy and paste but take a look

Previously you would create an Application ID and apply the appropriate licenses to the ARID.

You still do this somewhat and apply the base licensing and any other specific licensing.

Once that is done, you select the radio button next to the arid (don't open it). Then you can create a ULM record (look at picture in link)

You then assign all the UCC licenses to the ULM and link the ULM to the appropriate ARIDs

(
What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back