Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mitel ip phone display time is delay 20-40 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

veition

Technical User
Jan 29, 2015
MO
Hi everyone,

i have a problem about time delay with mitel ip phone 5330e.

controller: mitel 3300 with release level 7.0 PR1
ip phone model : 5330e, 5324 (almost 200)

I'm setting the controller use the NTP server. it working and the log show "Compute Hub Sp System time successfully updated". but the 5330e & 5324 timer display always delay 20-40 seconds and even if i disalbe "synchronize". both setting(enable or disable NTP server)

i try to set the value of "ACD Event Statistics Refresh Rate" to 25 or 100. but nothing improve.

hope the problem have good news.

thanks all.

firstly

"ACD Event Statistics Refresh Rate" to 25 or 100 will have no affect on the time display on a phone

secondly , it is generally understood that the time on phones is not a clock but a time indication.

the time is refreshed during the heartbeat between the handset and the pabx and should not be used as an accurate timepiece.
if you want a clock buy a clock.
there are numerous tek tips posts on this subject.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

when i use a sip phone(panasonic kx-ut113x). there are no time delay problem at all. so Strange.

Sip <> MINET

the sip phone probably syncs directly to an NTP server

The mitel handsets do not directly sync to NTP they get updates with their heartbeat signal and as such are not 100% accurate

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Just to confirm, you are talking about the time on the phone, not the call timer (ie how long the call has been going on for)?

yes talking about the time on the Phone.

today worse. delay 50 Seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back