Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel IP phone bad LAN connection error

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYES

MIS
Mar 14, 2002
US
thread1329-1715972
FYI:

I know I am adding a thread to old post but for what it's worth, I recently had this problem myself and was able to resolve it without replacing the phone by hard coding some of the network boot parameters into my 5330e phone by holding the # key down while powering up the phone then navigating to IPV4 settings. After doing this the phone correctly boots every time. These parameters can be located under the DHCP options or string values.

Specifically:

TFTP & ICP (same IP address on our Mitel)
Mask
Gateway

That should not be related to bad lan. Moreove it should be shown uder missing dhcp settings. I could be some bad load on the phone as I have seen that and usua;;y put it in teleworker mode and let it get an upgrade.

jpruder,
You're right it shouldn't be related but for some reason it appeared to make it more likely to properly boot and connect to the controller to grab an address. After my post I noticed if I left the phone disconnected for about 5 minutes or so it would not boot up and connect consistently the first time but would usually connect after a second attempt immediately afterwards. I did end up hardcoding more boot parameters in attempt an attempt to make it more reliable without success. I spoke to installer that mentioned he at times had to use static IP addresses and hardcode all the settings. A bad software load seems more likely as the problem I will give that a shot. Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back