Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel ICP3300 Extension Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBroadway

Technical User
Sep 2, 2010
GB
Mitel 3300, Release 4.1 SP2, Software Load 10.1.2.16

Experiencing an issue with a particular extension number, the extension is part of an ACD Group.

When logged in, extension can receive calls but you cant pick the call up, continues to ring when receiver is lifted. When trying to make a call there is no dial tone but I cant still dial a number assuming that I have a dial tone however the other phone cant here me.

Logs/Alarms dont really give any specific details to this problem, neither do any of the maintenance commands. Have ruled out this being a phone issue, the problem follows whatever phone I log into.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Thanks
Ian

Sounds like headset is enabled. Try logging in and dial the headset off feature access code.

Try "Locate Feature Extension xxxx"
This will verify techymitel's assumption, which I agree with. Sounds like headset is on.

Yep the phone is in headset mode.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Another vote for headset mode

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I got a little impatient, completely deleted the extension and started again. Working as intended however it makes perfect sense, the problem put forward. I will bear that in mind for next time.

Thanks all for your help

Ian

Deleting a phone can have unintended consequences.

Pickup group members, hunt group members, key line appearances, busy lamps, call routing, call forwarding and more all get removed without warning

None would be restored unless you thought to check for them first

Add the maint function "locate feature extension xxxx" to your tool kit

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

yep deleting is a bit radical, I guess you were not on site because all you needed them to do was dial the headset off code to fix, clear all features remote might also have worked. You might want to change the code to something less likely to be accidently dialled.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back