Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Express Messenger 4.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytelexperts

Technical User
Jul 13, 2009
CA
Hi folks,
I'm having an issue with a Mitel Express Messenger 4.03. I created a menu mailbox 1 and a menu mailbox 2. Now when i go into 1 and program the selections 1-0, they all auto copy to menu mailbox 2, except what is in selection 0. And vice versa, if i program menu mbox 2 it chnges programming in 1. And i havent tried to make a 3rd menu mailbox to see if all 3 of them are linked. Any ideas what is doing this? The voicemail is running 4.03 s/w and my laptop is running 4.11 s/w.

from Mitel bulletin, I use 4.0 and never a problem:

Body/Solutions
The release 4.11 Express Manager does not handle Menu Tree mailbox programming properly.
Using the 4.11 Express manager, you can add a Menu Tree mailbox. If you try to program the destinations for each digit dialed from the Menu Tree mailbox, they will appear as programmed, however they will not work when accessing the mailbox.
To make them work, you need to log into the Menu Tree mailbox using the TUI (telephone interface) and program the destinations from the telephone. They will work after this.
Another note, if you use the manager to edit any mailbox, the Menu Tree options will appear on every mailbox, even though they are not Menu Tree mailboxes.
It works with the 4.00 Express Manager, as well as an earlier version of 4.11.
To determine if you have the early or latter 4.11, check the express.exe file. If it is from 2002, it is the original 4.11. If the date is 2004, then it is the newer version. Note that the latest 4.11 manager is required for the DID server on 4.11 MEM software.

I will try 4.0 this afternoon, and come back if it works or not, thank you for your time.

Thank a bunch, used express manager 4.0 and all programing stayed where it was, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back