Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel DHCP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stehlin

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB
Hi Everyone

I have a problem with our Mitel 3300 switch that we've had for some time now but have just worked around until now. We have 2 VLANs, 1 for data and 1 for voice. The data vlan has 2 dhcp servers servicing our lan with identical scope options containing all the mitel data.

The issue comes when we plug a new phone into the network or when one of the current sets is rebooted. The phone hangs, with an IP address from the data VLAN on the display and doesn't go any further.

The strange thing is that this is resolved by stopping the dhcp server service on one of the win 2003 servers (always the same one) so for some reason it seems that when the sets are going through this particular dhcp server, they are not being redirected correctly.

I have checked and double checked the scope options match on both servers and they do, I just don't know what could be causing this.

Any suggestions you could make would be great.

Thanks

use dhcp helper file, find it MOL

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Are you able to elaborate a little?

Assuming that the 3300 is acting as your Voice Lan DHCP, make sure that the DHCP servers on the data lan are on untagged ports ONLY on the data lan, dont tag them or trunk them onto the Voice LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back