Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Database Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMAC1

Programmer
Sep 8, 2004
GB
I have an unwell controller and the AMC Info has not been transfered from the old company to our as yet........

Does anyone know of any software which will read the database files stored on a 3300 Hard Drive????

secondly does anyone know which file holds the license info???

It's illigal to transfer licensing insormation to another box. You should work with your vendor in order to propely license your system.

Don't want to transfer it - want to read it!!!!!!!

Then I might be able to fix it!!!!!

The problem is that I can't get the info from AMC because the previous maintainer has not done the transfer documentation as yet

Mitel license built that way so licenses are not getting transferred with an equipment. That means Mitel even has rights to reject this transferring. But normally it depends on the fact how fast your vendor will push it trough Mitel.
We have done it without any issues in few days. I'm sorry, you are facing not a technical but legal problem (I'd not recommend to mess with this stuff). (A little hint, it's a BercleyDB structure)

HD Broke!!!!

Dont know license key - account not on our AMC yet!!!!

No backup on site.............

Was going to see if I could access any of the files from the HD to see what they had before it all broke.....

What a way to start the week

There is no legal issue with transfering files from any controller on a Mitel 3300. I'm unclear why this has been said. The controller will only function if the AMC licensing + SYSID match. You can move whatever you want from any 3300 to any other 3300 (only one can function at any time as you only have one SYSID with matching licensing).

Just move your SYSID and aquire the licensing again. There is nothing ilegal about doing that.

Nope, You can transfer DB files and system will not check SYSID. If you move SYSID and reaquire licenses it will be properly licensed. But in this case he cannot do it, AMC doesn't have correct records (as I understood). TheMitelGuy send me a message at tvman_us at yahoo.com. I'll give you some details.

I appreciate your posting, however the higher ups will not allow us to post our info to this site. Again it is appreciated however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back