Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel connection to Spectralink

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy4uk

Programmer
Jan 28, 2005
GB
Trying to set up WI-FI connection from the sprectralink to the Mitel 3300, error message from phone "no gw response", this is after recieving an IP address by DHCP from the mitel.

AP's being used are cisco aironet 1200, which come back with a message of

Jan 4 15:09:06.730: %DOT11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0,
Station 0090.7a04.490e Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]
Jan 4 15:09:27.134: %DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client
0090.7a04.490e reached max retries, remove the client
Jan 4 15:09:27.134: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface
Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 0090.7a04.490e Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid

As I understand it, this means the RF signal is being lost between the phone and AP, but other wireless devices have no problem connecting to the AP? Pings to the phones from the network result in intermittent reachability, in time with the error messages from the console.

I'd guess this is some kind of physical layer problem but so far have been unable to rectify it, any suggestions on this problem would be apreciated.

I get this error if I dont reset the SpectraLink gateway after setting up or changing any configs. Its some kind of config lock which isn't cleared until reset.

Thanks swankman for your reply, I discovered what the issue was.

The handsets that were sent out had a cat number of PTE100 and should have been PTE140, these have now been changed and are all up and working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back