Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Call History

Status
Not open for further replies.

techweed

Programmer
Dec 12, 2002
US
Hello,
Does anyone know of a way to access the call history on a 3300? I have tried with SMDR, but it only seems to send the call record when the call has ended. Also, I read that the DB files are in Berkeley-DB, but I don't know how you access those. Anyone have exeperience with this?

Thanks, Weed

From ESM in the maintenance command section type the following:

logs read smdr all <-- gives all SMDR logs in buffer

or

logs read smdr newest x <-- where x is some #

there are other smdr read commands including string match, look at the ESM help maintenance commands section

Thanks for your help, MitelMail, but I need a way to do it outside of the Maintainance screen. I am trying to pull the call records real-time from another app.

Thanks, Weed

SMDR is historical reporting only. These records are only generated upon call completion so you will never be able to use it for real-time. ACD events are in real-time however you will not get any call information from them.

Thanks for the help. What I want is to pop up our application when a call comes in the same way YA does. What does YA use to access the incomming call? Is it through an API or XML or direct DB access?

Thanks, techweed

You need TAPI or MiTAI interface. You connect to the ICP using TAPI inteface, setup monitor for ansvering points and then do whatever you want with this information. You should be able to capture status of the extension including Caller IDs and even control the extension, let's say answer the call from your application. MITEL offers CCM suite, which includes all this features right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back