Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Bluetooth Module pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmotei

Technical User
Jun 19, 2013
CA
Hi.
I installed a Bluetooth Module (500064202) on a ip5340 and tried to use it with a Jabra Evolve 75 Headset.
The devices are paring but no sound goes thru.
Did someone try this before and succeeded?
Thank you

No. I didn't know I have to do that?
Do I need a physical link from the phone Headset output to the Bluetooth module as well?

Ah, sorry no you don't need the headset key for a bluetooth headset. No, no connection needed from module to phone.

We gacve up on the 53xx Bluetooth modules as they were very restricted on what they worked with

I think we got some functionality with Plantronics voyager pro UC V2 and Discovery 975

What version mIVB is it ?

I wouldnt waste any time with the Bluetooth module, use external headset or Dect module

or even better ( as 53xx modules are now end of life) , upgrade them to miVB 8 and sell them a 6930 or 6940

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Oh.
I knew that the Bluetooth Module is at the end of life but I was brave to purchase one, so wasted money.

The question is how I can connect a new generation bluetooth headset to a Mitel phone system without spending a fortune?
I have 5340 and 5312 phones in my environment. What other Mitel phone would allow me to connect a bluetooth headset?

Thank you.

6930 6940 but pabx needs to be R8

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Just an FYI. I am using the bluetooth module on a 5330 with a Jabra Evolve 65 Dual and a new Libratone Q-Adapt On-Ear headset and it works just fine with both. Make sure you are on MVB 5.x or higher. To go off-hook you need to hold the answer/mute button down for about a second instead of just a quick push. If it doesn't work the first time, place a call to your phone and see if you hear it ringing or not and try answering it. To answer an incoming call you can just quickly push the answer button without holding it.

Hope that helps,
Dale

Dale

Thank you all for the answers.
After days of trying the headset decided to start working.
I am not sure what made the change.
I am happy to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back