Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Backup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devolution

Programmer
Jun 6, 2005
GB
Hello,
I am trying to take a backup of a 3300MX but it just hangs on the window which has the circle that changes colour which shows that it is thinking. It does not show the progress bar you would usually get.
I have tried this many times, even left it overnight to see if it helped.
I am using a PC on the customers LAN and I am Remote Desktopping from my office. The PC has:

WinXPPro SP2,
IE6 with correct settings (copied from my laptop which works),
Latest Java,
Popups turned off,
Mitel is a trusted site,
No firewalls.

What else could i try?
Cheers.

Is Citrix loaded? If so, try uninstalling Citrix. I had all sorts of issues after we rolled out the new Citrix Password Management utility.

I've come across that problem before as well. There isn't Citrix on their network at all.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Check the Maintenance logs after the backup fails, there should be logs messages showing what happened.

What release is the MX running?

Do a system reboot when this issue occurs and a reboot usually fixs that.

There is a known issue with 3300 on certain releases of software failing backup. If you dig into your 3300 when it fails it usually shows a VM port in use.

As a temporary fix a reboot works fine – as a long term fix I think you will be looking at an upgrade.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
I went to site this morning to get my head round things. It took two reboots before I could backup, then another reboot before I could restore the config. Since the restore, everything has been working fine and the original problems have all gone.
It all started a month ago with a "Stale Task" major alarm which shutdown the voicemail and planned its own reboot for that evening. Since that planned reboot, the message lights either stayed on when messages had been cleared or never came on at all when there was a new message. Had numerous suggestions from Mitel Tech support over the cause and solution, they said the backup/restore would be the last option before defaulting and starting again.

Hopefully its all sorted for the time being.

Thanks again.

What software release are you running on the 3300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back