Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Assistant with MS Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe King

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hi
I have been reading the Mitel docs which are as ambiguous as ever, about Mitel Assistant and MS Teams.
I have MiCollab 9.6 and MiVB 9.3. I think the user on MiCollab needs to have the Telephony only user profile but other than that it is not clear.

Has anyone added the Mitel Assistant app to MS Teams? what else is required to allow MS Teams to use Mitel to make and receive external calls?

Thanks

You don't need to have a telephony only profile on MiCollab.

If you have the Mitel Assistant app installed on MS Teams, you can dial from the app on teams and it will cross-launch MiCollab to make the call. You can answer MiCollab calls from Teams.

If you have the telephony only profile enabled then the MiCollab Client interface is reduced to only telephony features and hides in the background. You use teams to make and receive calls and anytime MiCollab Client is involved in the call it looks like teams. Seems to work OK.

@techymitel did you have any issues granting permissions? I'm trying to give permissions in Mitel Assistant but just keeps on looping saying its unsuccessful then asks to give permissions again.
I've also went in to Teams admin and also in Azure AD and granted permissions for the organization...at the user end, it keeps prompting for permissions though.

Did you experience this as well?

I had the same experience with the permissions you mentioned. I got our Teams team to look into it and they said that the Mitel Assitant was not one of our enterprise apps and had to add it there and then add the user accounts to the list. Apologies if this is vague but I'm not trained on Teams and this is just what the IT engineer told me they did.

To get past this issue, I had to go into Azure AD and remove the enterprise application for Mitel Assitant.
Then re-add Mitel Assistant from MS Teams and do the org grant of permissions. That seemed to work.
Although, when the end user MS Teams did prompt me to login, it was always unsuccessful until I clicked the 'popout' button in the top right corner of Mitel Assitant, then gave permissions from there. This was noted in Mitel KMS although I am unsure why one would need to popout the app first..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back