Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 6940 problem "Current Call Server IP Address"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImanM93

Systems Engineer
Jul 16, 2018
IR
Guys,
Recently I had to upgrade a server from MCD 6.0 to MCD 8.0 (14.0.0.97 to be more specific) for a client.
We have a combines of 52XX series, 5360, 6863i (configuring as sip) and 6940. Everything goes fine until it comes to configuring 6940 as MiNET.
We ran DHCP server on Cisco switches and every single of the phones got IPs and worked finely. Even all the 6940 got IPs but we have a problem.

When the phone asks for the PIN I used ***DN for registering. It looked that the phone was registered, but in the main screen I can't see any keys or dial pad. I couldn't call to any extensions and neither they could (In the "All IP Telephony" or something like that (under maintenance and diagnostic section) I can search the extension number and I see that MAC Address has been assigned onto the server but the IP filed is empty).
When I checked the "status menu" on 6940 phone I realized that there was a field named "Current Call Server IP Address" which had an IP differ than the one we have for MXe III server. Actually it had been changed after a short while for no reason.
I even try to set static IP but the same thing happened.
Do any one know the reason?
Thank you all in advance.
Cheers

Check the TW settings.

I had a refurb phone recently that was pulling a TW address from the RCS server. I had to manually program a TW address to prevent it.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Problem is solved!!
for those who concern, the problem was due to an IP problem related to Call Server IP Address.
I connected to the MXe III directly using RS-232 serial port and used "bootChange" command on vxWorks screen and rewrite all the IPs and then reboot the system.
That's all.
cheers

We are having the same problem the phone boots and goes green but no buttons or ability to call. When it boots it gets the the proper call server IP and then about 30 seconds later it changes the call server ip to 192.168.1.2 Strange thing is if I go to another site with the exact same DHCP options the phone works as it should. I have 2 customer locations that have the same problem. Each have multiple call servers phones work at some sites but not all. Mitel Tech support had us upgrade firmware on the controllers for the 69xx phones, but that was no help.
Added a secondary icp in users & devices and rebooted the phone and it stays up but in fail-over mode, and shows active on the secondary controller. If I remove the secondary icp in users & devices the phone goes offline. Making me crazy!

I've seen finky behavior if ip/xnet has the wrong ip address value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back