Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MItel 6930 Broadcom upgarde

Status
Not open for further replies.

voipneerd

Vendor
Mar 12, 2012
SA
Hi
Any one know how to upgrade MItel 6930 Broadcom version.

Image Status:
ota_BCM911107_MINET_6930_voice_v6_5_jffs2.bin
Mon Jul 18 21:53:53 2016
Version: 6_5

Boot1 1.0.0.0 Jul 18 2016 21:42:04
Boot2 1.0.0.1 Jul 18 2016 21:42:11

You can't upgrade a specific component without upgrading the phone's firmware package as a whole. What is your end goal?

I've install this phone with Mivb
but phone can't upgrade and we its working it's keep rebooting

It should upgrade to whatever release is present on the MiVB, assuming it can connect to it via TFTP. You can try a "Restore Default" from the advanced settings menu to force it to do a firmware check, or you can load the software on a PC running a TFTP server (like TFTP64) and make a static assignment for the TFTP address on the phone, then reboot the phone.

Sorry - this is a bit confusing. Does the 6930 boot up and come into service? Trying to figure-out when it's rebooting? Rebooting during power-up in a constant cycle or is it that the 6930 is coming into service and reboots randomly?

Hi Lundah
I've tried to restore default. but the same issue appears.
and when the phone tried to get the FW from the controller it showed an error download

Hi SXWizard
it's a minet with web access [ponder] i don't know why
but I tried external FTP with both sip and Minet FW. But it's show error during upgarde

Hi TheMitelGuy
6930 is coming into service then if it's a reboot for any reason
will keep rebooting randomly

then need to delete the extension from mivb and reconfigured it again

So to be clear, the phone boots up and is useable for at least a few minutes and calls can be made and received. It’s at a random point then that the phone reboots? Let’s forget about the firmware update for a second. Does the phone at least come into service where the phone shows the date and time? Once we establish that, we can address the firmware issue.

Hi TheMitelGuy
yes, the phone boots up and is useable for at least a few minutes and calls can be made and received

So, once the phone has booted up and comes into service, at a random time the phone will up and reboot? Do I have that correct?

If that is correct, has anyone ever noticed what was on the display before it rebooted?

Have we tried moving the phone to a different LAN/switch port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back