Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5330 continuing bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinroc

Programmer
Apr 21, 2010
AU
One of our customers having problem with mitel controller CXi release is 4.1. All phones are 5330 and all of them stays on continuing boot up. It receives IP from the controller. I havent seen this problem before. Then we have to shutdown system and reboot. This thing works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt work. All ip phones are connected to layer 2 switch of the controller. Any help?? Thank you.

Are your Logs telling you anything?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Sorry for not replying you Kwbmitel, I couldnt go to the site. I just went there today. I found this error.

It contain floods of the following logs just before the reboot:

3713 ERROR 2011/03/18 04:17:09 CQuadBriFramerHal::ReadDataFromHDLC Software QuadBriFramerHal.cpp(622)
Message to receive is too big (5187 bytes) - framer #0 slot #0

Have any idea about that? Tech support told me that it is something to do with Quad BRI card and told me that he needs to speak to design engineer about this problem.

Even this customer is having problem of message light flesing. I did Locate Feature extension then it gave me "Dialed Message waiting light". They have got 16 port on the syste and all 16 ports are included in to the voicemail hunt group. Previously only 4 ports were included and then I came to know that i need to include all 16 ports to stop the MWI fleshing. They do not have RADS... I used feature access code to turn off the lamp but then lamp doesnt turn on when some leave the message. They have to dial the pilot number for the hunt group and keep on checking. Is there any way that I can clear the Dialed Message waiting light? Thank for your support.

It will be a faulty line (from the CO). We just had this exactly, chanded BRI card no difference, turned out to be a line fault (lines 2+3 out ofn 6 in this case) Had a BT engineer out, he changed pair and problem went away.

Sorry I didnt reply you. I was away for four days and just arrived in the office. If its the line then how it works for 10-15 days and then suddenly stops working? Please let me know about that. Thanks.

because it may take that long for the fault buffers to fill up enough to cause the problem. Ours was anything from a day to a fortnight between the switch siezing and depended on how often the lines were in use that were faulty (in our case lines 3+4 out of 6 lines (three ISDN2e's). BUT the log you showed is exactley the same as ours was showing. Interestingly, the customer had not noticed the fault themselves but the line provider picked it up with a BERT test.

Thanks wireman50 for your reply.
I spoke to Mitel engineer and they advise me to change the BRI card. I changed it and yet I havent received any problem from the site. One more thing I want to make sure is in the Network synchronization form how many clock source we should use for BRI service? I know for PRI we need to use one clock source, but I am not sure for BRI, cause someone else has programmed the system and he has programmed 2 synchronization clock. I didnt check that bit untill last visit to customer. So please let me know about that factor.

Thanks once again wireman50.

Yeah, we changed the BRI card on mitels say so and thought we had it cured, but the problem was still there for us (with the same fault logs) and it came back and bit us a week or so later, hope your card change works.

Clock source should be one ISDN2e and you can program them all if you wish cos the mitel just uses the first one unless there is a problem when it looks to see if there are any more programmed and if not it goes into free run mode (using its own internal clock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back