Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5220 and HP compaq computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

optonic

Programmer
Mar 22, 2006
NL
Goodmorning,

Has somebody the same issues with when you connect a hp elite 8100 through a mitel 5220 the phone stops working/rebooting when the pc is turned on?

Or does someone knows the solution for this?

Thx

I have seen this many times and this problem occurs when you connect the PC / Laptop with a Gige interface to the L2 port at the back of the phone.

But this problem only happens with a combination of certain types of older Cisco / HP switch's and older Mitel phones.

The cheaper option would be to provide seprate in-line power to the phone.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

Hi,

I'm using a procurve 2910 switch in this case.
this also only occurs on the new HP compaq Elite 8100.
With older system with a gb interface, it hasn't occured in the past.

You could of course fix the speed of all devices to 100MB FD

This will be the PC NIC port, The Phone and the L2 switch port.
If you do not statically set the speed and duplex you will get some very strange results.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

We had a problem with certain Thinkpads and Toshiba laptops. It was related to a certain family of NIC chips. We actually got some "pig tails" from Mitel until they made a change to new sets to fix the issue. I am thinking the 5220 might be one of the older phones without the fix. Try it on a new phone?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back