Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 dual ring dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex053

Technical User
Aug 24, 2009
US
I have a customer on a Mitel 5000 HX Version 5.1.0.49. they are using 8568 digital phones.

The user wants to try and emulate a feature set they had on the old Panasonic digital system.

This user monitors 4 other users...think secretary and bosses or assistant and lawyers is where i usually see it

she wants to see who is calling on her display on internal and external calls as well as get a ring.
She wants to transfer that call to hold someplace and have a light on both her phone and the bosses phone
She wants an easy way for either of them to retrieve.

The closest i came was using DEE and parking to a phantom extension but i couldnt get a light to show up on the phone when that call was hold at the phantom extension.

We have also used secondary extension keys but the being able to see its on hold from both phones is throwing us.

Thanks!

Alex

Instead of parking the call directly to the phantom, transfer the call to a hunt group with the phantom as the only memeber. Place a blf key on the users phone for the hunt group. the way it works is the call is transfed to the hunt group. The caller will queue up and hear MOH. When the call is to be retrived press the reverse transfer key and the blf key. When a caller is in the queue the light will flash on the button. i hope that helps

i will try this one msaby.

thanks for the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back