Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 Call Key Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidshokk

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
GB
Hi

We have a long running issue where the call 1 & Call 2 keys on 8528 handsets start behaving like IC call keys so they say "Enter Extension" rather than seizing a line. If the users then press 0 it naturally calls the attendant.

I have been to site and removed keymaps and re-assigned and for a while it seems to work, however the issue comes back later on.

Can anyone help with this frustrating problem? It started on version 4 software but we upgraded to 5.1 (No SP) and it didnt resolve so I'm reluctant to upgrade again to a service pack.

Is it something to customer is doing as I've been unable to recreate the problem after reassigning the keymaps

I am assuming you do have an IC key programmed on the extension. If no IC key is programmed the call key will act like an IC key and require you to press a digit for outgoing access. You didn't mention if it is all the extensions or just a few. I would also look at the endpoint flags. That is where I would start. Check the basic first.

Turns out there wasnt an IC key programmed (although the person who installed it assures me there was originally) and adding one appears to have resolved the issue. Thanks! Even mitel didnt check this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back