Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 Call deflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjpiggott

Technical User
Nov 24, 2012
GB
Hi Guys i'm hoping you can help me out...

We switched from a BT Versatility to a Mitel 5000 system with 2 ISDN BRI Channels (4 lines) inbound. We used a network deflect service within the old BT System to enable call diversion without using 2 of the channels (1 in, 1 out) and tying up half the system. This also had the benefit of showing the original caller number to the recipient of the diverted call.

I'm looking for a way to enable this type of divert on the Mitel 5000 system but none of the operations seem to achieve this. Does anyone know the correct settings in the DB to achieve this type of divert?

Thanks

Richard

Hi,

The versatility has a feature called network deflect. It's an ISDN service so it's found under System programming - ISDN - Line programming.

When an incoming call is received by the system it bounces an instruction back to the exchange to forward the call onto the number that is programmed into the handset. This diverts the call at the exchange rather than using 2 of my ISDN lines to handle the call. This method also has the benefit that the callers number is passed onto the new recipient so whoever is manning the divert knows who is or has called. This is extremely useful for our out of hours services.

The versatility manual describes it as follows:

Network Deflect
Call Deflection is an ISDN service available from your ISDN Network Provider, which allows you to
divert calls from an incoming ISDN Line.
This option should be set on if the Call Deflection Network service is provided on the ISDN lines.
When activated external diversions set up by extensions or groups are diverted using the Network
deflect service.
The Call Deflect service is turned on in System Programming. It is one of the ISDN programming
options in the Line Programming.
Set up external call diversions in the normal manner. See section on Page 22.
When an external call is received for the extension the switch sends a message to the Network to
deflect the call.
The call is diverted by the Network to the number programmed by the extension.
Security Warning: It is possible that an extension may misuse the Network Deflect facility.

The Mitel 5000 system has a number of options for propagation of caller ID but it doesn't seem to have the required effect.

The guys who installed the system are stumped so any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Richard

I beleive the option you are looking for is under the t1 module, there is a flag to enable 2 channel transfer. By deafult it is tunred off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back