Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 ARS with Centrex lines...I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interconnectech

Programmer
Dec 21, 2009
US
I've got a MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 Release 6.1 that I'm hooking some analog centrex loop-start lines from AT&T up to. The problem I can't seem to get around (and that Mitel tech support can't seem to grasp what I'm trying to do), is that the digits are outpulsed too early in certain dialing scenarios. Here's every scenario I run into:

- Pick up handset
- Press 8/Outgoing button
- Begin dialing one of the following digit strings (X is any digit):
1) XXX (this is used to dial another department within the same Centrex group - it's the last 3 digits of a centrex number so departments can call each other more easily). This goes through without a hitch, although there is a pause waiting for more digits to be dialed.
2) 9 XXX-XXXX (This is local calling. 9 tells the CO you want to dial outside of your Centrex group to a non-Centrex line.) The problem is that the digits are outpulsed before the last digit is pressed. If you go ahead and dial the last digit after outpulsing, it's hit or miss whether the call goes through or not, and displays the number wrong in the SMDR logs and on your screen).
3) 9 1(XXX) XXX-XXXX (This is obviously long distance calling. 9 tells the CO you want to dial outside of your Centrex group to a non-Centrex line.) The system acts like this is a local call because the leading digit isn't 1, so the digits are outpulsed at this point 9 1(XXX) XX, and then everything else is after-outpulse DTMF. Again, this is hit-or-miss whether it actually goes through or not.

I tried setting up ARS on the 5000 thinking it would help solve my issues, which I've never dealt with before. Even after thinking I had configured it correctly, it still behaves in the same manner. Can someone walk me through how to set up ARS, unless there is a better solution? I am very familiar with the MCD ARS setup, and the 5000's is throwing me for a loop. Any help, insight, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Josh

My guess would be to setup ARS (using 92000)to insert a 9 before all outgoing calls and setup a separate key that dials 92001 or change 92001 to a single digit like 7 and use this code for department calls.

For outside and long distance calls they dial 8 and xxx-xxxx for local or 8 and 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx for long distance (ARS can automatically insert a 9)
For department calls the dial 7 and xxx (7 is the trunk group extension that does not use ARS so it does not insert a 9)

I suppose that could work, but I'd really prefer if they could lift their handset, press "Outgoing" feature code, or "Outgoing" button on their phone, and manually dial the number from there. Do you think there's any way to set that up?

Did you try changing the interdigit timer to allow more time to finish dialing? It may be cutting off before dialing is complete (under system timers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back