Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 Analog Trunks with IP Phones - HELP! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardine

Technical User
Jul 3, 2006
CA
We've had this problem on all of our analog 5000 customers, to the point where we don't want to sell it anymore.

We get complaints that the audio is crackly, noisy, and the customers are UNHAPPY to say the least.

Anyone run into this ? we've tried the hybrid balance test and it sometimes make a difference but not enough to convince the customer that it's perfect, like there old system.

Any insight into this would be great.

I ran into this issue on a system that I was putting into a radio station and sound quality was a very big deal for them. You can mess with the echo profile, that may help. We had two issues. Some of the phones didn't have QOS set for them.

The biggest thing and you can test this. Start talking quiet and then gradually get louder. As the volume increases we would start getting a popping sound. This is caused from the trunks coming into the system are too "hot". I spent 4 hours on the phone with mitel tech support sending logs before we got this issue resolved.

To fix this problem, we had to turn on the online monitor and change the db level of the trunks coming in.

Dseevers, thanks for the post we will experiment using your suggestions.

users on the ip phone complain of crappy audio, the person they are talking to doesn't complain at all. FWIW

I also have had this issue happen. What version are you running? I ask because of the following: I upgraded a customer from 4.0 to 5.1 sp 2, they have IP phones, and copper trunks ,and they complained of terrible call quality. Upgraded another site, who have IP phones and a PRI, to 5.1 sp 2 with no problems. Also have upgraded customers to 5.1 sp2 with copper trunks, but have digital phones, and have had no trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back